Wednesday, June 8, 2016

The tree by the sidewalk and me*

The tree by the sidewalk and me*

Since morn ,
It has been drizzling
In our town,
The tree by the sidewalk,
Wet and moist
Stands there
Much like me,
Both of us
Are on wait,

Midweek has never been
So sloppy,
People haven't come out,
And those who have
Do not bear your sign,

So we wait,
The Tree and me,
By the sidewalk,
Wet and moist,

The street too look wet
It is on wait too,

Only few cars that are plying
Leave momentary designs of light,
On the asphalt,
And we wait,
By the sidewalk,
The Tree and me.

(*Note: loosely based upon a painting as attached, done by Mike Bar)

No comments:

Post a Comment

The State Funeral

At least they have given her The State Funeral With tongue cut,  She could not have spoken for  The rare award,  The police have done the th...