Thursday, June 9, 2016

Lavender fields *

'I met an artist
Now my days are painted in lavender
Every hour a different hue'
~ Christy Ann Martine

Once having gone
To the lavender field one
I saw how painted scenes evoke
Love with every brush stroke,

And there we made us a promise
Me and the artist
Not to go anywhere but stay
In lavender field of May,
When the flowers turn a sea of green
Into a violet and purple scene,
There we have made a decision
To remain there as if stationed
And to see the purple violet hues
Taking away all of our blues

Once having entered the fields
Of lavender as I try to get the feel
Of morning and its splendour different
More in colors I got drenched,
Now I think I had done it good
To go to the field of lavender as it stood
Before me with its wide implication
I think I have moved to a different station
Where violets and purple come and play
Different hues for every moment of a day.

(*Note: loosely based on a painting as attached and also inspired by a Christy Ann Martine poem titled "The Dancer", as quoted in this poem/scribbling )

No comments:

Post a Comment

The State Funeral

At least they have given her The State Funeral With tongue cut,  She could not have spoken for  The rare award,  The police have done the th...