Friday, June 3, 2016

Before the flower shop*

" Before the flower shop I stand 
And sigh. 
The beauty of the Springtide spills 
In glowing posies 
Of violets and daffodils 
And roses. "
~Robert William Service

Before the flower shop I stand
The beauty of flowers taking me to
Where violets, roses smile in morning's dews,
I stand there quiet thinking of you
To buy for you a bouquet perhaps,
And time goes away, sliding slipping just,
I think of valleys covered with blossoms,
I think of our lovely sojourns
To places from where the blooms come
I think of those places filled with calm,

Those flowers how make journeys too,
Much like me, much like you,
Sometimes they land in shops,
Sometimes they come to drop
In laps of Nature, at Autumn and Springs,
How those flowers love and sighs bring,

And here , how I stand before , just a flower shop,
Thinking about you, in poems wrought.

(*Note: the painting attached is used to beautify the poem/scribbling.courtesy: Musica Pittura e Dintorni, Alex Artista.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

The State Funeral

At least they have given her The State Funeral With tongue cut,  She could not have spoken for  The rare award,  The police have done the th...