Wednesday, June 1, 2016

A few lines written on Moulin Rouge and the turn of the century*

At the turn of the century
You will perhaps me beckon
To go by your side, as your love, forgotten,
Then we will go together to do a dance,
Perhaps will we go, to Moulin Rouge, simply by chance,

You would then ask me, what propelled that excitement
In me to find you always my deepest sentiment,

I would just flash a Smile,
Asking you to follow me,
To the last post of the mile,

There, Mon amour, we will see
How Henri Marie Raymond de Toulouse Lautrec,
Had created the work of a century,
People how there gathered and danced,
How in painted forms Henri made a expanse,
Of art and dance forms getting enriched
Each just helping out , sworn by LOVE, each,
There how people did that famous 'can-can' dance,
How there we would meet again,simply by chance!

Would you , then also look at me
With that same look, filled with satiety?

I wonder how would really that rendezvous be
You and me, meeting at the turn of the century.

(*Note: the painting attached is used to decorate the theme of the poem/scribbling as attached.
The painting had been done by the great French artist, printer and Painter, Henri Marie Raymond de Toulouse Lautrec Monfa. Moulin Rouge , as a building will always be remembered as 'fin de siecle' of french dance and music and art.
This poem is to be taken as a humble tribute to that great place of history.)

1 comment:

  1. A journey to Moulin Rouge then watch Mon amour ,watch the architecture and dance forms
    Indeed had gone to the depth of the subject to write this. I had to frankly speaking read a bit to understand it . Read went back to google read came back read again. Good job friend.

    ReplyDelete

The State Funeral

At least they have given her The State Funeral With tongue cut,  She could not have spoken for  The rare award,  The police have done the th...