Friday, June 24, 2016

I won't say it today*

Dusk. I won't paint you another sunset,
another beautiful striped sea; no, not today.
~ Mia Barrat

I won't say that you should sit beside me
Looking at the dusk falling before us
No, not today, for today I have found myself
Right there in your eyes, as you looked at me,
And I at the overwhelming sky,

The railroad had sung beside us
Taking us away from us to the far
Where twilight sings not of separation
But of the communion of our souls,

I won't say that you should sit beside me
Looking at the dusk falling before us,
No, not today, for today I have found myself
Right there upon your face, as you shone
And I as that found in reflection.

Today, I will just look at you
And the passionate sky
Turned so beautiful,

Today , I will go beyond mere exchanges of words
Between you and me,
Today I will transcend our so called love,
Today,
I will be your sky,
And you the Calm of a dusk
Enveloping me.

(*Note: the painting attached is titled 'Nighthawks, 1942,'by Edward Hopper.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

The State Funeral

At least they have given her The State Funeral With tongue cut,  She could not have spoken for  The rare award,  The police have done the th...