Monday, May 16, 2016

The Girl with a Flowing Cape*

The girl with a flowing cape*

Once, found thou, in Flowing cape,
With flowers upon thee, as draped
In softest Hues of Spring, O my muse,
How you keep, all things in Thee,
My songs, unspoken words, my poetry,

How oft I go down walking
That alley where you first had I
Found in front of a flower shop,
Standing, (buying perhaps a bouquet or two, ) what a lovely
Find, Thou, sending tunes to my heart
And to my drenched, filled, wet mind,
How oft, Thee I find,
You the girl with a flowing cape,
And with flowers as if drapes,
From thy bun, hanging idle,
A few stringed blossoms, as settled,
O You, my light, my candle, my mettle,
You, the girl with a flowing cape,
Lavender as parfum, from you emanating, You,fairy like, nascent,
As drops of dew on leaves, glittering,

How , once, at that alley, on the town,
You, did I find, the Beauty , of my mind,
With a flowing cape, a few blossoms
Hanging quiet, from thy bun, as if settled.

(*Note: loosely based on a painting, as attached, done by Anna Razumoyskaya, courtesy: Musica Pittura e Dintorni)

No comments:

Post a Comment

The State Funeral

At least they have given her The State Funeral With tongue cut,  She could not have spoken for  The rare award,  The police have done the th...