Saturday, May 21, 2016

Amidst wonders*

Amidst wonders*

With You when once
Did i go, to the fields
Where flowers wild rose
Amidst the green,
And when it seemed to tiny me,
The sky coming down upon us
Like a big vast colored canopy,
How with wonders had i been
Struck, you then talked benign
Drooping down to me, whispering
The day's merry making with the sun
Rising from behind the hills,
And the valley how i saw
Stretched before my eyes
Undulating, touching me
You dropped down to the level
Of my eyes, you told me softly
What wonders were in store for us,
How ran there the stream of rivers
From the top of those hills
Down down merrily singing praise
Of Mother's bounty of joy never ending,

How with wonders had i been
Struck then,
And you drooping down to my ears
Sang as if eulogies for the Unseen,

The day then was coming to us,
Across the meadows, newly mown fields, old too, where grew bushes hedges and there near that country Mead
How with Joys we did erupt,
You guiding me to that phase
Of my childhood , whence with wonders
We at that beautiful valley stood.

(*Note: upon a painting loosely based, as attached, done by Paul Hagan; courtesy: Alex Artista, Musica Pittura e Dintorni)

No comments:

Post a Comment

The State Funeral

At least they have given her The State Funeral With tongue cut,  She could not have spoken for  The rare award,  The police have done the th...