Tuesday, May 17, 2016

For You, i sing*

For You, i sing*

For You, the gondolier,
I sing, rowing across
The canal so grand,
For you, I sing,
Rowing traghetti, yours
Holding thy oars,
For ages,
For you, I sing,
As you row through
The waters , through
Watery maze,
For You,
I sing ,
As you had been ferrying
Through for decades
The king's men, Troubadeurs
Travelers, daisies, maids,

For you I sing,
As sung perhaps
One poet,
Loving your song
For your love,
As sung one
Tourist,
Entwined so
By your songs,
Writing a verse,
In prosaic form,
Long,

For you I sing,
Ferryman
Whence you
To the  unknown
Me, doth bring.

(*Note: upon a painting, loosely based as attached, done by Edward Sigaud, 1910-1974;
#traghetti : ferries )

No comments:

Post a Comment

The State Funeral

At least they have given her The State Funeral With tongue cut,  She could not have spoken for  The rare award,  The police have done the th...