Friday, January 6, 2012

my man...

Keeping empty my favoured cup
I waited for you to fill it up;
Keeping my morning bright and gay-
I waited for you the whole day;
I waited and waited under the frost
Like that woman in dreams lost;
I tired my eyes looking at clock
That ticked away 'hickory-dock'!
I shivered in cold under the open sky
Crying, screaming, heaving a sigh!
The day gradually waned to night
Methought the world shut its light...
Fears came as the night descended
Methought my life would now be ended!
For I saw a shadow of a Beast
I shivered within but clenched my fist!
I looked around to find a stone
Thinking of hurling to break his bone!
I picked it up and stood erect
Aiming the thing to the target direct...
Trembling and perspiring, came another thought
'Would I be able to forgive my lot?
 If this man with heavy arms
Molest me and rob my charms?'
I was sinking all again
'Should I lose my honour or fight in vain?'
Just then I heard a familiar tone
That like a torch in the dark, shone!
'You're still waiting? O my sweet doll!'
I opened my fist and saw standing tall-
My love, like a blessed man, smiling at me
With his face so brightened with glee!
I felt like crying and thumping his breast
But pretended aggrieved,and with feminine jest-
Asked him 'Who are you? What do you want?'
The man keeled down with marks supplant
All the fights that he so luckily survived
Came open like broad day light!
I saw on his limbs marks so deep
And could not but only weep;
Then he came to sweep me off
Like a feather so light and soft!
He took me in his muscled arms
Helping me to cry and throw qualms;
I forgot where we actually were
Whether it was a forest or desert so bare!
The only thought that played on,
Was the fact that all pains w're gone!
As if I got a newer birth,
As if Paradise had come on Earth!
As if the night would never end
As if a savior, the God to me, had sent!
I cried and laughed like a woman mad
Discovering happiness in his face so glad;
Carrying with ease, the feathery me
He walked the path of our destiny...

























No comments:

Post a Comment

The State Funeral

At least they have given her The State Funeral With tongue cut,  She could not have spoken for  The rare award,  The police have done the th...