Monday, January 2, 2012

love... must be God's tricky ploy!

 I could hear the soft noise of dry leaves running across the empty road
Favoured by the strong breeze, as they were...
They must be running frantically-
Laughing and dancing...all through,
Like children set free from the neighbourhood school;

I shoved aside the heavy curtain of my room
Viewing the road below...
Late wet evening road...sparsely populated...
Only that small shop at the corner still open...
And the faint light from the display board
Fell on the road...
Making the corner a little bright compared to the rest;


I looked out to gather
The moist vapour on my skin...
Just then a whiff of air came
Carrying the smell of my childish infatuation...
I found my poem walking back home
At the end of the day, spoiled...
And her white dress so soiled
Made me unhappy;

The air must have been my friend
For I was carried to her as well
By the moist air...
She looked up straight...looking at my window...and my silhouette
For a moment, I was ashamed, by my shameless act...
For a moment, I felt I was on the wrong foot...
But the same air moist, carried her smell to me
And her eyelashes were heavy for sure...at the end of her day...
Spoiled...

She slowed a bit, hung her head, to look at my empty gaze...
She stopped perhaps, limped as if, seeing me waiting still...
Then she did the wondrous thing...
Waved at me, she, and flashed a smile...
Asking me to move away from the pane;

My heart then, leaped with joy,
Love must be God's tricky ploy;
Happiness begets a man like me,
Spoiled someone light in me, foresee!



No comments:

Post a Comment

The State Funeral

At least they have given her The State Funeral With tongue cut,  She could not have spoken for  The rare award,  The police have done the th...