Tuesday, January 3, 2012

i love my morning walks...

I love my morning walks...
For my walk in the morn, takes me round the roads and the streets with traffic lights blinking for no one...
Kind of redundant traffic lights blinking...and the zebra crossings with no one to walk on them...
And the pigeons and the swallows on the empty lanes...
Sometimes I meet old ones...sitting at the park, sipping tea from earthen pots and talking about degrading health of theirs...
I meet rarely young ones...
But when I meet them, I usually find them cycling hard...earplugged...or jogging fast-almost sprinting...

I love my walks...in the morn...
My walks take me to the old temple at the fringes of the city...
To the river...flowing so carefree...with boatmen going out...
To the post office building yet to be opened but its long stairs...serving as seating arrangement right beside the road...for some wayfarers...
I find life getting on to its rhythm, slowly...kind of shaking off the slumber of the night...early in the morn...

Haven't I said that I love my morn walk by the lake?
The lake so blue with swans and ducks taking their first bath of the day... shaking their white feathers to send tiny water drops shooting into different directions...spraying water almost...and making curious, joyous sounds to their mates perhaps...
And the reflection of the sky on the stagnant clean water...the lake becomes the mirror true for the sky, to help her dress up for the day!

I love my morning walk...
For sure!
My walk brings me down on to the earth's motherly lap...
It provides me a visit to Heaven, every morn...
A tranquil, blessed, walk...in the morn...
A walk to get me ready for the run-of-the-mill life of the later hours of the day...


No comments:

Post a Comment

The State Funeral

At least they have given her The State Funeral With tongue cut,  She could not have spoken for  The rare award,  The police have done the th...