Wednesday, January 17, 2018

That beauty of a world I dream oft

'When my arms wrap you round I press 
My heart upon the loveliness 
That has long faded from the world; 
The jewelled crowns that kings have hurled 
In shadowy pools, when armies fled; '*

That beauty of a world I dream oft
Where nothing but from skies dew drop
Like blessings of the wintry sun
Thence to thee I with love turn,
And feel that cold sweeping breeze
Telling me to take a day's lease
And make it wonderous as it may
Give rise to more beauty of a day,
I take thy hands and behold
How from above fall the molten gold
On leaves of trees, petals of flowers soft
That beauty of a world I dream oft,
Where peace laden my tranquil heart resides,
With thee I go to the hills and river's side
There I find how resting my eyes upon thee
Gods have long ago made that treaty
To make man and woman to understand
We are all but little grains of time's sand,
And that sense whence come to me overwhelming
I sing for thee from morning till evening,
The armies I know would oneday flee,
Leaving their arsenal and weaponry,
For Love would bind them also true
Like it binds us, me and you.

(* note: the quoted lines are of W.B. Yeats)

No comments:

Post a Comment

The State Funeral

At least they have given her The State Funeral With tongue cut,  She could not have spoken for  The rare award,  The police have done the th...