Tuesday, January 23, 2018

To the cloud and breeze of spring

Once I was sitting by the river,
the day had been beautiful as ever,
It was that time of dusk
Whence clouds come down to ask
If there was anything I did miss
And I told them I wanted her kiss
Who lives faraway from me
Across thirteen rivers seven sea,
They giggled like little girls
Those cloudlets with their hair curled,
They told me , ' Though we move around,
The earth oft through sky, we've never found
That maiden who had given you
The most blessed kiss mixed with dusky hue,
You better ask the breeze of spring
She knows better where from to bring
News of her, her whereabouts,
You should ask the breeze about
That maiden for whom do you long
Sitting by the river, so filled with song';

Saying these they went away
The clouds fairies, moved they
Along the margin of the bay
And soon the breeze came
Carrying my love's name,

I told her, ' Now that thou turn up
This dusk, so beautiful like Love
Can thou tell me where is she
That maiden in whom I found me?
Can thou be my messenger, my page
And bring me her news, as I wait for days
Where is she, what does she do
Does she think of me too
Like I do oft, being so in love?'

I told the breeze of spring as she turned up,
She  just came down near
Close to my ear
And told me in her beautiful soft voice
' Don't be sorrowful, be in joys
For I know where is she
What songs does she carry,
You wait here for a while
I just go over a thousand miles
And bring you back her song
You just wait for that long'

Saying this the breeze went away
As she came flying over the bay ,

And I waited like waits perhaps
The dusk in the day's lap
Like a beauty wrapped by love
In the ocean of sky up there above,
There I found how colors of the sun
Drew painted forms which painters oft learn
And put them in their canvas with all their mirth
I waited perhaps like a song of vivid earth
Before the river so calm and murmuring gentle
Decked by starry lights that upon her fell
And decked her with wonderous dreams
I waited there for all of my life as it seemed,

The dusk slowly gathered her sleep
Into nightly charms that oft take a leap
To more of wonders and fancies that make
Beauty of Earth for all of us to take.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The State Funeral

At least they have given her The State Funeral With tongue cut,  She could not have spoken for  The rare award,  The police have done the th...