Saturday, January 6, 2018

Loving thee, by Joyce!

Oft do I think of me
As that boy of 'Araby'
Carrying thy image
In my heart , for ages
Not even known to me,

I bear thy face and name
As 'chalice' kept close
And perhaps I travel the same
As that Stephen Dedalus,

Only that there is no
Labyrinth to uncover,
Loving thee , belle amie
How miles I just by walks cover,

Through dins and bustles of
The city and its traffic snarls
How do I think of thee oft
As the birth of poetic pearls
Kept hidden under the wraps
Of the shell of my heart
Never to be without love
Easily and perfectly grasped,

And I go on doing things
Which only can a Lover do
Carrying thy image, a 'chalice',
Forever in my heart, like a beau.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The State Funeral

At least they have given her The State Funeral With tongue cut,  She could not have spoken for  The rare award,  The police have done the th...