Thursday, January 4, 2018

Chloris

"As she talks, her lips breathe spring roses: I was Chloris, who am now called Flora." *

My Love to thee is so overwhelming
That I do find a birth of spring everlasting
In me, is it not the most happy state?
Is it not that which  is searched by all poets?

And see how simply by putting my flowers
At thy feet, I do become a tree blooming true
As if I have turned myself into a bower
O Thou art like Flora, of whom  sang for ages
Those who sought thee like lovers turned sages,

How in thou have I found oft
Roses of heart waving held aloft
Getting the warmth of joy and light
How thou hath given me fanciful flight
To the world of poetry most beautiful kind
To that peaceful calm that on all do shine,
Turning all into blossoms of wonder;

How thou hath made Adonis, Attis and others
To forget their own and to become just flowers,

In thy Elysian fields where eternity stays
For decades, years,months, weeks and days,
How do myself I find and newly discover
O Thou Chloris, The Heavenly Flower.

(* note: the quoted lines are of Ovid)

No comments:

Post a Comment

The State Funeral

At least they have given her The State Funeral With tongue cut,  She could not have spoken for  The rare award,  The police have done the th...