Wednesday, January 3, 2018

The bird by my window one morn

It had been a morning of a day
And I was there sitting by the sil
The light was weaving outside a dream
And the winter touched me with her mild chill,

Then saw a bird unknown and white
She came there and sat quiet
Just by my window where I
Was admiring morn's light,

' You must have come from faraway land
For in your eyes I can see whiteness frosty'
I told her seeing her looking at me,
And she said she had come flying seven seas,
Where she had seen God's awesome beauty,

And like a child curious forever
I asked her if she had seen any river
And she told me ' Yes , dear yes!
I have seen Huron how dressed
In the evening and also in the morn
I have seen how there days are born'

I just looked at her eyes so filled with dreams
I just looked how she painted a wonderous scene
Right in front of me, how had I beauty seen,

' Tell me more, O You the messenger of dawn
Whence You arrive with beauty, thus borne
Carrying it with such ease and bless
Tell me more how there trees get dressed'

I just like a child asked her to tell
Stories of her flight and her alien tales,
And she spake how the sugar maple tree
Breaks out in colors of rosy pink with glee,
She told me how other trees too
Take  orange , red, cinnamon hue;

' And Huron, how does she flow?
What wealth does she carry?
What splendid glow?'

I asked her again, never forgetting the river
Of whom she talked , giving me shiver,
A thrill, a joyous yield,
How I thought how she really did feel
Whence she flew over the river there
What colors draped her, what turned her fair,

And she said , ' O if you have seen her dear
You would just forget her never,
She wears a calm and green dress
And by her bank thick woods she does brace'

I just looked at her beautiful eyes
And felt how she came out of the sky
Just to sit right there for awhile
Telling me how she flew over a thousand miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The State Funeral

At least they have given her The State Funeral With tongue cut,  She could not have spoken for  The rare award,  The police have done the th...