Friday, January 12, 2018

Poetry, musing and the deity

I remember the day thou wrote to me
Like a breeze fresh from the salty sea
Carrying the warmth of thy heart so blessed
As if thou sang from thy wonderous nest,
Telling me how thee had seen poetry fly
From  eyes of lovers under the starlit sky
They held hands and gazed  each to each
They gathered rhymes by love unleashed,
And asked me if I had ever felt the same
The glory to God and to thy name,
I said I have felt it oft and true
I said I have been there quiet and  blue
In my heart have I felt it strong
Like poems written for thee short and long,
I said I have been the one , kind and soft
I said I have been a soul held by thee aloft,
And a feather too given to the wind
Happy and floating as it seemed,
All because of thy calming eyes
I said I have felt in me a sky
Spread out even and fair ,
I said I have held a lyre
And sang every morn and night
I said I have met thee like a taper bright-
Kept with all the heart's pure and joy
I said I flickered in the eve, slight and coy,
Seeing thy face, thy deified glance
I said I have lived with thee five centuries once.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The State Funeral

At least they have given her The State Funeral With tongue cut,  She could not have spoken for  The rare award,  The police have done the th...