Monday, December 18, 2017

That path away from the ville *


That  path of red soil going away from the ville
How mind mine with mirth doth seal,
For whom do I stretch my hand
For whom do I get away from the land;
She how takes me away from home
Pleading me to see her wealth awesome;
How she takes me away
To which heaven she for me shows the way;
I know not in which twist and turn
She would show me ( a splendid morn)
Her beauty and her wealth,
Where she hath forever dwelt;
Where would the end touch
With the beginning of which beauty such,
Can never find that so,
Which path away from ville she sows.

(*note : it is a transliteration of a song/ poem of Rabindranath Tagore, as can be found at page 421, poem/ song number 14, volume four, Collected Works/ রবীন্দ্ররচনাবলি , Birth Centenary edition. 
The painting attached for illustrative purpose is done by G.D. Arulraj.
This transliteration is my humble   tribute to Tagore)


No comments:

Post a Comment

The State Funeral

At least they have given her The State Funeral With tongue cut,  She could not have spoken for  The rare award,  The police have done the th...