Sunday, December 31, 2017

Lets go out then you and I

'Lets go out then you and I
When the evening is spread out  against the sky ' *

Lets go out then you and I
Whence the evening is spread out against the sky
You will be my lady with the lamp
Going out of the cave moist and damp
Where you have like a hermit stayed
Away from the world for months and days;

We will together go to the land of tomorrow
Bereft of pains, sufferings and sorrow,
Where birds twitter and chirp on trees
Where streams murmur forever without cease,
There we will make ourselves true
Naked like child me and you,
You will show me how thy splendour bright
Can turn a glimmer of hope into a spectrum of light
You will show me how in thy self feminine
The whole world resides and grows fine,
How in thy shape bright and womanly
Will I find heaven filled with glee,

And that will in turn for sure make me
To take a plunge in thy measureless    poetry
And from there will I for thou bring
Music , cadence and songs that will ring
For ages after we will take the flight to sky
For ages after we will bid the world ' Good bye'.

(* note: the quoted lines are taken from ' The Love song of J. Alfred Prufrock by T. S. Eliot.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

The State Funeral

At least they have given her The State Funeral With tongue cut,  She could not have spoken for  The rare award,  The police have done the th...