Saturday, December 2, 2017

Never tried to know *

Never tried to know Thou still mind mine moves to thee
Never knowing Thou the  World still rests in Thee,
Thy immense Beauty who had felt true
That sweetness eternal and new-
How have I given my soul to thee
So unknowingly,
Thou art the light of luminosity,
I am blinded in the darkness,
Thou art free , epitome of liberty,
I am immersed in that shoreless sea,
Thou art endless, I am so tiny, beggarly-
How we meet by wonder , You and me.
( * note: it is a transliteration of a poem of Rabindranath Tagore , as can be found in  collected works / রবীন্দ্ররচনাবলি , volume four, page 650, song/poem number 48. This transliteration is a humble tribute to Tagore, from me)

No comments:

Post a Comment

The State Funeral

At least they have given her The State Funeral With tongue cut,  She could not have spoken for  The rare award,  The police have done the th...