Monday, December 4, 2017

Mother, if You have been the sky*

Mother, if thou have been the sky
And the champa tree, I,
With you without words
Would've I conversed;
The breeze from thou
Touching branches mine
Would've called me
With tunes for a dance, to thee;
Without words how can I
Pay heed to calls thine,
so my words doth fly
Falling on the leaves that shine;
Thy light to my dewy drenched soul
Would have whispered and told
Upon, making me sing
A song of joy (perhaps
As it would bring);
Then I would have made
All my buds to bloom pure
As they would have said
All the words, dancing sure;
The shadow of thy cloud
Floating in from somewhere
Touching mine for a while
Would again go away like a feather;
It would then become
That fanciful tale
And story of that prince
Who had gone beyond
kingdoms several;
He would have told me
Where lied that vine
Where lived the sea monster
Where the princess with beauty
Did everything bind;
Would have seen
those teary eyes
Of the queen
Heaving a sigh
And my leaf would
Tremble too
Seeing that
Heart rending view;
Then all of a sudden
Whence the rain
Would catch
The breeze even,
The drops of water
Would then dance
On my leaves
All by rhythmic chance;
They would then become
Thy recitation
Of Ramayana , epical,
They would then turn
The rains that fall;
Mother, if Thou hath been
That blue colored one
And me, a child small,
Thou would have been
The smile of the light
And me would just be
A trembling leaf
at thy sight;
You would have
From the sky
Opened your eyes,
And stretching hands i
Would just sing (for eternity);
Thou would be then
The starry night
(Not a feign)
And would i
Just give a try
To make flowers
Bloom everyday
( in words , stories and lays)
(* note: it is a transliteration of a poem of Rabindranath Tagore as can be found in page 609, vol.two, collected works/ রবীন্দ্ররচনাবলি , birth centenary edition.
The transliteration is my humble tribute to Tagore)

No comments:

Post a Comment

The State Funeral

At least they have given her The State Funeral With tongue cut,  She could not have spoken for  The rare award,  The police have done the th...