Thursday, November 24, 2011

surely! you've left me a legacy...of Love!

You left me a legacy...
Really...
A legacy of images
Of dreams...
Of memories...

And I am just holding on to that legacy...
Of your rich and sublime presence-
That evoked so many and varied burst of passions...

I bear that image of yours-
Working at my kitchen...
Wearing that yellow cotton saree with light green borders...
Your rear-view from my study...
Your long braided hair dancing at your back as you move so restlessly with ladles and spoons and dishes...at my kitchen...sweating and working and singing a song of love...

Then another appears...
Another image bearing your legacy to me...
Of you putting my soiled jeans into that white chamber of washing machine and setting the knobs with perfect elan...
knowing exactly what should be the spinning time and what amount of detergent would my soiled jeans take...
And curiously as you did all that...cleaning and washing...you murmured your womanly chit-chats...as if you were wondering 'what particular muddy field he had tottered about...'

Then another appears...
Another image of your legacy of love and affection...
When I recall how you used to take away that empty coffee mug from my table and replace it with a filled-up one!
How...through your every moment of staying with an idiot like me...
You left me more and more dependent on you!

Surely!
You had left a long legacy of Love...
Love dripping still like water drops from a tap that had been closed tight!
A leaky water spout...leaving drops of love...


No comments:

Post a Comment

The State Funeral

At least they have given her The State Funeral With tongue cut,  She could not have spoken for  The rare award,  The police have done the th...