Monday, November 28, 2011

the mariner...

I was fooling around the boat...
Knowing that she would be out sailing tumro...
With it...
The girl of the evening had turned into a dazzling woman of night...
I could see her ear studs twinkling in the dark sky...
I touched the wooden plank of the boat...
The stern post looked shiny...almost gleaming from the light that shone on it from the hull...
The white navigation light was on...
I placed my hands on the ropes and pulled them...
Like a child fiddling with a toy...
Only...
That effort of mine brought her out...
She...
The mariner...
Wearing jeans and a white flannel shirt
And a dark green jacket...
Her eyes fell on me...standing on the platform...
'Hi! need rest...going out tumro...want anything?'
She uttered in a tired voice, almost yawning...
'na..nope...only wanted to have a look at your beautiful boat...'
I mumbled, unsure of what to say...
She smiled, waved her hand and went back...disappeared...
'Hello...miss...hello...?'
I called out...
The boat rocked on the restful dark water...
As if nodded in silence...
I looked around...
Found no one...
Only found a small wooden board nearby...
Something was pasted on it...a kind of a notice:
'This is an abandoned place.Enter at our own risk'
I smiled
And thought to lie down on the platform-
Right beside the noticeboard...
After all who could leave one's beloved? even if ...
The voyage had been ended hurriedly-
And the boat had been left abandoned for long...

No comments:

Post a Comment

The State Funeral

At least they have given her The State Funeral With tongue cut,  She could not have spoken for  The rare award,  The police have done the th...