Friday, May 4, 2012

a runaway bride...a poem in dream...

The music was unanimously lousy
And I was feeling drowsy...
The ice on redness did float
Before me...a cubical boat...
Was feeling so sleepy...
Cold darkness creepy
Lurked around in nooks and corners
The evening looked like a serious mourner...
'Afire me...afire me...'
Was I on the constant murmur...
Light from my table top
Ran out of steam
And there it dropped
A few paces before my seat
Like a runaway bride it did me treat...
Tempting and yet escaping
Leaving me gaping...

Then my flame walked in
Having a glass of unknown drink...
She...me thought...stopped...
By me...and my god...she dropped
On a seat to stare at me...
Whispering only 'catch me'...

O what a smile she got!
How by her eyes she me caught!
I moved a bit to her close
Her eyes...her eyes...me chose...

Her polished nails moved around
The brim of her glass in hand round...
I moved my fingers to hold
Her hand like a man too bold...

Just then the dream broke
Leaving in me a feeling choked...
Just then the real beckoned
On my table...I reckoned...
I lost myself in a sleep
In my clutch I did keep
A crumpled ball of my last poem
Which I had curiously forgotten...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The State Funeral

At least they have given her The State Funeral With tongue cut,  She could not have spoken for  The rare award,  The police have done the th...