Monday, May 7, 2012

Marie's dance with her dad...

'Now...finally...the thing customary...
Our new bride Marie...
Would have a dance...
With her dad...'
The woman on the podium declared...
Marie knew it was a wrong call...
She knew her dad would be nowhere there...for her...afterall
Hadn't he her left?
Hadn't he away got swept?
She looked helpless...
She looked at people's piteous face...
'tsk...tsk...what a misfortune...
She got no dad to dance with her to the tune...'
Someone made a pretentious remark
She lost her makeup...her face got dark...
And within her she felt a strong hopeless urge
To have a dance with her dad...who lived far...
From her...since the ten years last...
'He could have turned up
Today at least...for my sake just...'
She teary eyed looked on
How people danced with the song...

'He could have turned up
For me at least...for me for once...'
She muttered and went a bit away
From the spot where people danced gay...

Towards the lake...
Upon which lights did a bath take...
There on a wooden pier
She sat lonely with a blank stare...
On the water...still...dark...
Just then she heard 'Hark!'
She turned around...
And with amazement did note
A man with black-silver hair and white coat...
Standing there with eyes wet
Standing there like man beset
With cares of the world torn...
Standing there like a figure lone...

'My girl...Here I am at last...for you...won't you come?
For a dance with me...as I have undone...
All follies made by me...
All mistakes I threw away...see?'

She stood up at once with sudden joy...
Happiness rang within her...and she was buoyed...
'Now I could be the real bride...A proud Marie...
Now with pride to the dance floor I could hurry...'
She thought and tugged her dad fast
'Quick...quick...we can still have a dance...
With the dying music we still have a chance...'

No comments:

Post a Comment

The State Funeral

At least they have given her The State Funeral With tongue cut,  She could not have spoken for  The rare award,  The police have done the th...