Friday, November 15, 2013

A few lines written upon 'talking in their sleep'

'Ýou think
I am dead?
Reading Edith,*
Do you think
I have become leafless a tree
Of winter
With withered grass
Under my feet?'

The tree
Asked me,
Her branches mossy brown,
Her trunk with no leaf,

I looked at her melody,
And thought how she had gathered dreams
Of Edith
Much like me,

So with softer tune,
I took graphic art
To cover her winter
With words,
So with rhyme
I took a dream that could underline
The leafless shape,
So with color
I thought of filling her,

For Edith
Was there
In between us,

And winter awesome
I dreamt to make for her, just.

(* Edith M Thomas, a poet,
'Talking in their sleep', is a poem by Edith,
The picture attached is a media art, done upon an illustration, by me.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

The State Funeral

At least they have given her The State Funeral With tongue cut,  She could not have spoken for  The rare award,  The police have done the th...