Friday, July 6, 2012

the lady with a lantern when me called...

At first seeing the flicker
Of light, thought a seeker
Like me perhaps went out
Of safe and secure room but had doubts
Still lingering somewhere within
And so catching the rhythm 
Of waves...phosphorous white,
I walked along the shore- not losing the sight
Of the flicker of yellow beam of light...

I walked following the glare
And the waves roared loud and clear
Beside me all the time...a kind of charm...
Across the sands soft and warm-
I strolled like a possessed man
Across lonely deserted land-
I walked slow but under a spell
With a mind controlled by the flicker that fell
On sandy beach...a circular spot
The only visible thing in the deathly dark, a dot...
And I walked, finally arriving within a few yards
That light...and as more to the light I neared
Saw like a statue a woman in white
Standing there nonchalant bright...
And discovered the source of the flicker then
An old artifact in her hand hanging...a glass covered lantern...
The lantern swung a bit by the wind
And the flicker of light on sands a pattern pinned...
'Who are you? maid?'
I coughing clear my throat said...
Hearing my voice she turned
To me her face then fully visioned...
A face sad or happy don't recall now
But remember her hair played on her long eyebrows...
And she seeing me was not at all amazed
'O! you came! my man!' she smiled unfazed...
'Me? your man?' I stammered out confused
But she flashed the sweetest smile ever I viewed...
'Have been waiting for you all these years...'
Muttered she and in her dreamy dark eyes tears
Probably shone like little diamonds, sparkling sad...

'How can I be your man? I have only this evening come...'
Said I with a voice trembling...and felt my knees were getting numbed...
Then she did a wondrous thing...
She dropped the lantern...the light beam...
On the sand...still warm and fine
She stretched her hands to hold mine...
O her softness then put me into a dream...
Touching her palm sent to me a shiver... it seemed...
I felt like a cool stream somewhere on run
Through my veins...through my heart...a restful balm...
I closed my eyes as she drew me near
Feeling my face being swept by her hair...
The wind was not that terrible though
But within me a breeze cool did then surely flow...
I ...I lost my all senses after that
Next morn...when Sun fell on me flat
I woke up to see my self on a rock
Beside the sea, on the beach...I woke up shocked...
'Who that could be? was it a dream?'
I thought, surprised...then something gleamed
Just beside where I lied
Saw a broken lantern by my side... 









No comments:

Post a Comment

The State Funeral

At least they have given her The State Funeral With tongue cut,  She could not have spoken for  The rare award,  The police have done the th...