Saturday, July 21, 2012

I your man Friday...and you my girl...

Wish someday
You'll realise the import of me...your man Friday...
Marooned and abandoned
In the uninhabited island...
We survived...didn't we?
Drinking water from coconut trees...
And erected that hut
Leafed it...thatched...
And caught crabs and prawns...
Using wooden spears sharp and long...
I made them...remember?
Working a whole sunny breezy afternoon
Sitting on haunches...on the sands-a white and soft layer...
And you rubbed stones against each other...
With the object to light fire
To the leaves and twigs dry...
Which caused birth of blisters
On your palms and fingers...
Remember?
Then there were nights...
Cool silent silvery bright...
I laid myself down tired
On the open depopulated beach...
You some old foams stitched-
With the help of your memory...
Remember?
I your man friday...
And you my only love...
Survived together...
Spent peaceful serene days...
And nights...and evenings...and noons...
Cheered by the sun...the stars and the moon...

No comments:

Post a Comment

The State Funeral

At least they have given her The State Funeral With tongue cut,  She could not have spoken for  The rare award,  The police have done the th...