Monday, November 12, 2012

another dewali...

The parapet...
terrace...
stairs...
walls...
verandah...
every place...

tonight is decked
with candles and diyas...
and those lamps...
chainlike hang
pyro art shows went bang bang
flower pots made of copper silver aluminium
fell from sky like a delirium...
and noting a screen of vapour
rising from the earth
I was about to travel...
once again...
to you...
only you...

but those crackers...
they burst too frequent...
they startled me...
and broke me off too often
from the trance...

But I am not giving in...
I am not quitting...
After the noise calm
would surely come...
and with silence
Of the next early morn...
when the town
would be fast asleep...
I know...
you would come
and lights then lighted
would never dim...
and crackers that would then burst
-no one would that notice...
Only me...
Only for me the time would then evoke
another dewali...

No comments:

Post a Comment

The State Funeral

At least they have given her The State Funeral With tongue cut,  She could not have spoken for  The rare award,  The police have done the th...