Thursday, December 15, 2011

son...

You are the greatest gift His Holiness has sent me...
You...
And your daily moves...

Your naughty smile...
And your grins...
And loud shrieks...
And pillow fights!
And fiddling with the computer...
And paintings on freshly coated walls...
Your excuses of not doing your spellings right...
Your scribbles on my softboard, pinned on my work schedule...
Your bicycle kicks that sent the ball shooting into the washing machine with the lid kept open!
Your roadrash...
Your queries about birds and bees...
Your jumps-high and long...
Your sitting by me in the car and unnecessary habit of pressing switches on the board...
Your sketches so unintelligible-reminding me of primitive drawings on the rocks!
Your music...pretending to be a rockstar...
Your musings of newly learnt rhymes...
Your running round the park with no good reason...
Your impromptu jigs...
Your act of gobbling up potato chips...
Your hiding behind the door when I call by your name...shouting myself hoarse...
Your sliding down the staircase rails...
Your ways of finding strange figures in clouds...
Your dozing off on my shoulder listening to bedtime stories...as the night descends...
Your sleeping face...
O! I just love them all!
Son...
You're God's greatest blessing...to me...
To all of us...

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful!!d genuine narrative of an unconditional love.all parents should think in the same way--their poems r d best gift of god.

    ReplyDelete

The State Funeral

At least they have given her The State Funeral With tongue cut,  She could not have spoken for  The rare award,  The police have done the th...