Friday, December 23, 2011

dream lights...

As the waiter put me at the corner of the hall...
Allowing me to sit there comfortably and scribble on my notepad...
Away from the friday crowd...young and bootlegged...
I sank into the soft red leather...
The chill outside was biting on people...
The warmth inside the hall was invigorating true!
The bar was being cleaned by a woman with white gloves on...
The chairs and the high stools simmering under the soft yellow lights looked beautiful bits of furniture...
'Tennesse Honey...one large...on rocks...two '
I placed my wish...
He, the waiter, in black dinner jacket nodded and smiled...
'I am leaving you here...with something to look at other than the young ladies!'
He whispered and switched on a lighting system installed right beside me...a few yards away...

The thing was simple...a turntable with a circular tube with holes on it standing upright...
And there were bulbs in the tube...
Being switched on, the turntable started to rotate...at an uniform speed...
It had its own RPM...
And the light of the bulbs came through the holes...at regular intervals...
Creating circular, moving spots on me...on the wooden floor, on the ceiling, on the bums of the ladies shaking legs...
The tube kept on moving...
So the lights...the circular spots...
And then came the music!
The ladies...four of them...were getting tempted by the light and the sound...
They shook their body...
I watched how the spots of yellow and red and green and blue played on them...on their faces, legs, bosom...
I noticed how the light came on me...on my eyes...creating temporary blindness...
I was bedazzled...
The hall was bedazzled as well...
And the Honey came in a glass accompanied by the bucket...
I dipped my ringfinger into the liquid which was reflecting the spots circular...till I stirred it...
Took two quick sips
And brought out my pen...
'You can check out anytime you like...but you can never leave...'
Don Henley and his friends screamed though the speakers...
Followed by the guitar duet by Felder and Walsh...
I felt I could never leave my dream...
The circular spots...on me and my notepad...

No comments:

Post a Comment

The State Funeral

At least they have given her The State Funeral With tongue cut,  She could not have spoken for  The rare award,  The police have done the th...