Saturday, September 3, 2011

the greatest gift...

Holding a copy of the book freshly printed and bound and delivered right at her doorstep,
one morning by the courier boy,
She turned amazed and speechless for a while...
Then she softly turned the cover page
As if she was running her nimble fingers on a new born baby,
And came to the dedication page;

On the page was written:
'Dear, I tried actually to write a love song for you...
But, it was so pervasive kind of heightened passion
That I wrote and wrote...
And it became a novel...
Sorry for presenting such a cumbersome kind of love, expressed in so many pages...
But as I believe my love is true and good,
Benign and deep,
Light and flared-up,
Beautiful and sublime,
Flavoury and unsavoured hitherto by any mortal, (barring a few, of course!)
I believe you'll just fall in love with the gift...
And keep it close to your ravaged heart;

I believe you will be the book yourself, just like me!
You'll be true and good like love itself...'

Reading the lines again and again,
She just wept...
As a child weeps in joy...
As a daughter weeps for her distant father,
As a son weeps for his long lost mother...

No comments:

Post a Comment

The State Funeral

At least they have given her The State Funeral With tongue cut,  She could not have spoken for  The rare award,  The police have done the th...