Thursday, September 29, 2011

The flight...

My flight was always due
I knew that within...always...
Probably the moment I was born the flight of birds left me bedazzled...
Probably Icarus heaved a sigh on my nimble heart...

So taking the flight, for me,
Was like fish taking to water!
I had that fore knowledge
That fanciful flights are great scramblers...
They could scramble my existence even!

But still, I thought, the flight should I take,
No matter what pulls me down-
Sarcasm, hate, irony, pains...
I knew the flight fanciful cheats so well...

But still I had those sighs of Icarus, heaving on me, all the time
Icarus and his molten wings...
Icarus and his fall...

I knew all those beforehand,
I knew all the pangs n glories...
But never felt attracted by any of them,
For only the flight was important for me-
The Flight, and nothing else...
The light of the sun falling on my tiny existence...
Because of the flight...
The heavenly tunes running through me-
Because of the flight...

I knew what I would be termed as-
Madcap, eccentric, whimsical, frenzied, emotional, cruel, inhuman...
The list could be never ending...
I know the list myself!
But tell me,
How can I miss the heaven and the blue sky?
How can I miss the angels with wands of poesy waking me up every morn?
How can I possibly miss the flight?



No comments:

Post a Comment

The State Funeral

At least they have given her The State Funeral With tongue cut,  She could not have spoken for  The rare award,  The police have done the th...