Sunday, November 19, 2017

How many times have I thought*

How many times have I thought
To feet thine should've my heart brought,
Holding thy feet, friend mine, will express
How much do I love thee in secret,
Thought as Thou hath been the God of Heaven
How could a mere mortal like me say my love even,
Thought will live at a distance from thee
All through my life will just remain a devotee,
No one wilt know my love so deep
No one wilt see where my tears me keep,
Now today whence Thou hath arrived to ask
How can I say how much Thou do I love.
( * Note: it is a transliteration of a song written by Rabindranath Tagore, included in  ' প্রেম ও প্রকৃতি ' / Love and Nature section of his collected works, volume four, birth centenary edition, page 675.
The transliteration is my humble tribute to Tagore, the greatest poet, philosopher of all times )

No comments:

Post a Comment

The State Funeral

At least they have given her The State Funeral With tongue cut,  She could not have spoken for  The rare award,  The police have done the th...