Wednesday, September 19, 2018

In the name of Love *

In the name of Love, the passion which governs
All things human and natural too
I rise everyday to find how the glorious sun
Brings beauty of morning for all to view,

I think of that Love which binds man
All over the world, from East to West
I think of that World which we possibly can
By our Love, make wonderous and truly blessed,

If poetry is the cause, Rose I think as effect
For its beauty I hold and its wonder my words reflect,

Rarely have I passed a day when I did not write
Over and again I keep on writing on
So many things which give away light
Ethereal or earthly as they, in my words get born.
(* it is a roseate sonnet, as invented by Ampat Koshy and later practised and perfected by many. Many variants of this sonnet form have been created. This one is , however, as per the original form, i.e; two quatrains followed by a couplet then again a quatrain.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

The State Funeral

At least they have given her The State Funeral With tongue cut,  She could not have spoken for  The rare award,  The police have done the th...